Research proves exclusive breastfeeding results in positive health outcomes for mothers and their infants yet far too many breastfeeding infants receive supplementation. WIC is committed to supporting exclusive breastfeeding and reversing this trend. This training will help the CPA understand their vital role in supporting a breastfeeding mother and will practice counselling skills while using the breastfeeding assessment tool.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define exclusive breastfeeding
- Explain the importance of exclusive breastfeeding
- Use the breastfeeding assessment tool to support discussions with moms around exclusive breastfeeding
- Use core counseling skills when talking to moms about exclusive breastfeeding
- List tips for helping mothers reach the goal of exclusive breastfeeding
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, Breastfeeding Coordinators, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Coordinators