Proration of WIC food packages and returning and reissuing WIC food instruments have undoubtedly been recognized as some of the more challenging procedures to manage in WICSIS. Join us for this one-day training demonstration which reviews the policies and procedures for managing proration, returning and reissuing checks correctly, when to use the override feature, the circumstances in which to use the additional foods feature and much more.
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Identify the circumstances which trigger proration in the actual tab
- Use professional judgment to determine when it is appropriate to override proration in the “Actual” tab of the “Prescriptions Instruments” window
- Use professional judgment to determine when it is appropriate to override the “Allowed” amount in the “Reduce Quantities” window
- Follow guidelines when conducting a return-reissue
- Explain when it is appropriate to use the “Additional Foods” feature
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA