a. All NYS WIC trainings begin at 9:00AM and end at 4:30PM, unless noted otherwise.
b. Participants that arrive at training by 9:30AM (or 30 minutes after the official training start time) can make the decision to stay for the training and will receive a certificate of attendance. At 9:31 AM (or 31 minutes after the official training start time) the door will be closed and all late participants will be asked to reschedule.
c. Participants must attend all days of a multiple day training in order to receive a certificate of attendance and continuing education credits. If a participant is not able to fulfill this requirement they will need to re-register and re-take the program in its entirety.
d. Cancellations for training must be made a minimum of two business days (48 hours) before the program is scheduled to run.
e. Cancellations must be made on the NYS WIC TC website here
f. Training cancellations received less than two business days (48 hours) before the program is schedule to run will be considered no shows.
g. Substitutions: You are able to send one staff in another’s place for a training if the original registrant is unavailable to attend. Please follow these steps to do so:
- E-mail Kelley at email@example.com or call 518-724-2801.
- If the training is at capacity Kelley will manually make the switch in the system for you, ensuring a spot remains open (you will not need to cancel online).
- If the training is not at capacity and still open for registration on the website Kelley will advise you to cancel the trainee online here and have the new trainee register online here.
- Please do not attempt to make switches through NEON yourself, all registrations and cancellations must remain within that person’s account; please do not change the name of the attendee under someone else’s account. It is important that your NEON account remains up to date with your training information and does not contain another trainee’s name.
- If the request is made less than 2 business days before the training start date changes cannot be made and the replacement will need to sign in as a walk-in.
h. Trainers have the discretion to ask disruptive participants to leave training programs and not issue certificates.
i. In the event of a weather emergency, CAI will work with NYSDOH Central Office and Regional Offices in determining if training will occur. MARO trainings may be cancelled even if NYC schools remain open. CAI will inform registered participants via e-mail of a cancellation.
j. At the discretion of the CAI trainers, when inclement weather adversely affects participant transportation, public or private, attendees that arrive up to 60 minutes late will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Attendance. A working lunch may be necessary to compensate for the tardiness. This policy will apply to all regions of the state. 60 minutes after the training start time the door will be closed and all participants will be asked to reschedule. CAI will inform registered participants via e-mail of a cancellation.