Welcome to the NYS WIC Training Center
The New York State Department of Health contracts with CAI to provide WIC staff training services for the Bureau of Supplemental Food Programs.
CAI designs and delivers training and technical assistance programs to New York State WIC local agency staff who administer the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. The NYS WIC Training Center offers programs in decentralized locations throughout New York State to increase accessibility to training while reducing travel costs.
Our programs use diverse training methodologies such as face-to-face training, webinars, online training modules, learning collaboratives, and conferences. The NYS WIC Training Center updates our trainings to reflect the most recent, evidence-based approaches.
CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION MEASURES - IN-PERSON TRAININGS
As a public health nonprofit organization, the health and safety of our employees and training participants are of utmost importance to us. In response to the global Coronavirus disease outbreak, we kindly ask you to refrain from attending any in-person trainings if you are feeling sick. Anyone who tries to attend a training and is visibly sick will be asked to leave.
Here are some general CDC measures that we want to recommend:
- Follow these respiratory etiquettes like cover coughs and sneeze with a tissue, and then throw it in the trash can.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, and sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60-90% alcohol. We have made hand sanitizer available in our training sessions
- Get your flu shot- it’s never too late
- Also, practice basic environmental hygiene like routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Finally, If you are feeling sick, stay home. At present, these symptoms are more likely due to common flu than COVID-19. However, always consult with a healthcare provider.
When it comes to health, we want to make sure we can all do our parts, following these everyday preventive measures. We appreciate your cooperation in this effort to keep everyone safe and minimize exposure to COVID-19.
The WIC team is seeking a highly motivated and organizationally skilled professional for the full-time or part-time, exempt position of WIC Trainer/Breastfeeding Specialist. The WIC Trainer/Breastfeeding Specialist provides expert training and assists in the development of WIC training designs, training materials, curriculum and online modules in the WIC Training Center, with emphasis on topics related to Breastfeeding. This position is preferably located in CAI's NYC office. Learn more about the position and apply.