Non-Traditional Certification and Manual Check/SFFI Issuance
When the computer system is down there are many tasks that must be conducted offline. From converting multiple sources of income to a common frequency, to hand plotting growth charts, to writing out WIC participant checks manually. Join us for this one-day training program in which local agency staff will learn the policies and procedures of the non-traditional certification process, issuance and management of manual checks and special formula food instruments (SFFI) during non-traditional certification and nutrition education appointments, the correct way to associate manual checks and document SFFI in the computer system, and much more.
Please Note: This training is intended for experienced staff with a working knowledge of the WIC certification process and computer system.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify circumstances for manual check and SFFI issuance.
- Conduct offline income calculations.
- Complete a non-traditional certification form
- Issue and associate manual checks with the correct “Not Good Before” date.
- Complete and document Special Formula Food Instruments.
Target Audience: WIC Coordinators, CPA+, Qualified Nutritionist, CPA, Nutrition Assistants and Clerical/Support Staff