WIC uses interactive, participant-centered webinars to enhance your learning experience. Our webinars feature presentations from expert health and social service consultants and provide top-of-the-line learning opportunities that transcend distance. The webinar technology includes fully integrated audio and streaming options, which makes it easy for you to join the webinar and contribute, regardless of technical capabilities.
Per the instruction of central office we will now have a new webinar process for registering and receiving certificates. As we know many agencies have multiple staff members view a live webinar together on the same computer. To accommodate this and allow each person to get a certificate, we’ve created the following registration plan:
- Each staff member intending to view the webinar must register individually through GoToWebinar.
- (please be sure to carefully enter your e-mail address when registering, as that is the address that the link to join the webinar will be sent to)
- Staff can view the webinar as a group on the same computer or individually on their own device.
- Following the live webinar CAI will send an e-mail to every person who registered through GoToWebinar, with a link to the evaluations and certificates.
- Each staff who viewed the webinar will complete the evaluation, individually, then be taken to a screen to print their certificate.
- (please be sure to carefully enter your first and last name when printing your certificate)
- For staff who may have missed a live webinar, please note all webinars will be archived on our website under the On-Demand page, which can be found here
1.) Emerging Topics and Skill Building in Public Health Nutrition 02/10/2020 9:30-11:30AM
Click here to register
The Evolution of Public Health Nutrition
Public health nutrition continues to rapidly evolve and expand with a complex, multifaceted array of programs and services that serve both individuals and populations. This webinar will examine the changing landscape of population-based health care, the growing interface of clinical and community-based nutrition, globalization, and food insecurity. Webinar participants will explore current opportunities to serve and lead in policy development, assessment, assurance, advocacy, policy, systems, environmental change, education, marketing, and programs and services. In addition, the webinar will highlight public health nutrition applications for the WIC Nutritionist, resources available to train the current and future public health nutrition workforce, assess knowledge and skills, develop a personalized learning plan, and facilitate self-directed learning at every level of practice.
Presenters: Kathleen Cullinen, PhD, MS, RDN and Maria Dentino, RD, CDN, CLC
Target Audience:WIC Coordinators, Nutrition Coordinators, QNs, CPA+s, CPAs
Continuing Education: 2 CPEUs, 2 CEUs
As a result of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Describe the evolving field of public health nutrition
• Explain the five levels of the Social-Ecological Model for Food and Physical Activity Decisions
• Provide examples of each of the three classic approaches to disease prevention and health promotion
• List the three core public health functions related to public health nutrition practice and the 10 essential public health services
• Identify resources available to meet personalized knowledge and skill development goals through self-assessment of public health nutrition knowledge and skills, and the development of a personalized learning plan
SAVE THE DATE!
Medicaid February 26, 2020 9:30-11:30AM
*We record all of our webinars, so if you are unable attend or who wish to view it again, you can stream the recording directly from our website. Visit our On Demand Webinar Library to view our selection of on demand webinars. On-Demand webinars can be found here.